Posts Tagged ‘travel’
G’day how’s it going? Just wondering if anyone is heading from Canberra towards Newcastle mid next week, and would have a spare spot?
Or else if there’s someone who’s heading from Newcastle to Alice Springs, around the 10/5? Even maybe leaving from Brisbane and heading to Alice? If you are shoot me an email.
Posted in Notes from the Road, tagged 4wd, Adelaide, Australia, beach, Big Galah, Bordertown, break down, desert, Esperance, Nullarbor, SA, Salmon Gums, travel, Up Your Jumper!, WA on April 4, 2009| Leave a Comment »
Well it’s all happening, here is the write up of the desert trip. There’s a link to photos from the trip at the end of each part as well, so full sensory experience (well, on its way to being anyhow)
Posted in Notes from the Road, tagged Albany, Australia, Esperance, Industrial Design, Renewable Energy, RMIT, Salmon Gums, Sustainable Design, Sustainable Living, travel, Up Your Jumper! on March 30, 2009| 1 Comment »
How’s it? Just quick note, we’ve made it across the desert and into the west. Had a minor breakdown in sunny Salmon Gums, but got it sussed and sorted in Esperence, making some new friends along the way. In Albany at the moment, and should reach Perth by Wednesday.
Coming up on Up Your Jumper!
– More on the happenings in Adelaide
– Tales from the desert and beyond
Posted in Notes from the Road, tagged Adelaide, Albury, Australia, clothing exchange, Industrial Design, Renewable Energy, RMIT, Sustainable Design, Sustainable Living, travel on March 17, 2009| Leave a Comment »
G’day and welcome to ‘Up Your Jumper’! Why the name? Well this blog, journey, experience is going to be a bit of everything, so hence the saying.
Now you may have stumbled upon this from a whole range of reasons. I may have approached you for a chat about an interesting project your working on. Maybe I’ve been chatting with you somewhere about the plans for the semester and rambled on about this trip. Maybe you’ve stumbled in off the wide and tangled road of the internet.
However you’ve ended up here, welcome.
The gist of all of this can be found here. But in a nutshell I am embarking on a study tour of Australia this semester. I will be investigating projects to do with Sustainable Design and Living, Renewable Energy and Water. I have no set route around Australia, but my intial trajectory is westward, Adelaide and then onto Perth.
Bear with me through this birthing time. Still got to get the right feel for the blog, but it’ll come together over the next week.
On the horizon and soon to appear on ‘Up Your Jumper’
* A case study on the Thurgoona Campus of Charles Sturt University. Slots into the sustainable design/living chunk. Think mudbrick houses, grey water recycling and composting toilets. All at a studying, working, living university.
* Your Sister’s Wardrobe is expanding into Adelaide! Well its not quite that big, would be sizeable wardrobe from here to Adelaide, about 1000km long. No the clothing exchange, fashion recycling phenomenon that has been growing in Melbourne, has sprouted in Adelaide. I’m going to look into how this has panned out so far.
* Also in Adelaide, Hydrogen buses. Are they real? Apparently they’ve been around in Perth for a good 5 years. But I’ll be in Adelaide, so I’ll hopefully be looking into Adelaide’s alternative public transport. They’ve even got a solar powered bus as well.
So that’s what is on the horizon, hit that RSS and stay tuned…